Senior Cognitive Computing Consultant for IBM focussing on Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and the entire IBM Watson portfolio. Developing end-to-end solutions by applying state-of-the-art methods from analytics to solve complex business issues and optimise processes.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Technical Lead & Scrum Master for Cognitive solutions
- Cognitive Factory champion for Germany, harvesting and enhancing an asset culture for quick and consistent deployments
- Architect and senior strategic advisor for Machine Learning and NLP
- Client-facing consultant and architect for Text Mining & Machine Learning
- End-to-end development and deployment in scalable cloud infrastructures
- Classification of customer utterances and design of chatbot system
- Solution Design based on Design Thinking workshops
- Customer workshops and presentations
- Machine Learning, Text & Data Mining, Deep Learning
- Java, Python and NodJS development, Apache UIMA
- IBM Watson Explorer
- Database design & development
- IBM Watson Conversation for cognitive customer Service
- IBM cloud services (Watson Knowledge Studio, Watson Machine Learning etc.)
- Service deployment using cloud infrastructure (Kubernetes, Docker) and DevOps toolchains
Data Scientist for Deutsche Bahn (DB Fernverkehr AG) focussing on Text Mining and Machine Learning to reveal insights from customer feedback.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Leading a team of external developers (Scrum) to improve Text Mining processes
- Analysis and combination of heterogenous data sources to derive KPIs
- Implementation and evaluation of BI and Machine Learning approaches
- Collaboration with decision makers regarding the instantiation of a company-wide feedback system
- Consultant for "analysis as a service" -- coordinating data mining requirements between customers and developers
- Consultant for suitable Machine Learning and Data Mining approaches
- Java and Python development
- Database development and analysis: MS-SQL & NoSQL databases
- Statistical modeling: R, python and Weka ML
PhD student (Topic: Revealing and Analysing the Evolution of News Networks) & Research assistant at the Database Systems Research group, supervised by Prof. Dr. Michael Gertz. My work focuses on Natural Language Processing in general and Digital Humanities, Information Extraction and Social Network Analysis in particular.
Research assistant (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter) at the Computational Linguistics research group, supervised by Prof. Dr. Anette Frank. Lecturer of the compulsory lecture "Advanced, object-oriented programming with Java".
Student research assistant at the project Ritualdynamik, working on Coreference Resolution and Discourse Processing in a Digital Humanities context.
NLP group - HITS gGmbH Heidelberg. Student research assistant, working on machine learning for summarization, supervised by Prof. Dr. Michael Strube and Darla Shockley.
Programmer at the project Heidelberger Korpus.
Title of my MA thesis: A Joint Inference Architecture for Global Coreference Clustering with Anaphoricity. Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Anette Frank