since February 2016
Cognitive Computing Consultant for IBM focussing on Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning and the entire IBM Watson portfolio.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
– Technical Lead & Scrum Master for Cognitive projects
– Architect and senior strategic advisor for Machine Learning and NLP
– Consultant and developer for Text Mining & Machine Learning
– Development of a cloud-hosted web-app
– Classification of customer utterances and design of chatbot systems
– Solution Design based on Design Thinking workshops
– Customer workshops and presentations
– Java development, Apache UIMA development
– IBM Watson Explorer & Watson Knowledge Studio
– Database development: MS-SQL, PostgreSQL
– IBM Watson Conversation, NLC and other BlueMix Services
Sep. 2016 - Dec. 2016
Data Scientist for Deutsche Bahn (DB Fernverkehr AG) focussing on Text Mining and Machine Learning to reveal insights from customer feedback.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
– Leading a team of external developers (Scrum) to improve Text Mining processes
– Analysis and combination of heterogenous data sources to derive KPIs
– Implementation and evaluation of BI and Machine Learning approaches
– Collaboration with decision makers regarding the instantiation of a company-wide feedback system
– Consultant for „analysis as a service“ — coordinating data mining requirements between customers and developers
– Consultant for suitable Machine Learning and Data Mining approaches
– Java and Python development
– Database development and analysis: MS-SQL & NoSQL databases
– Statistical modeling: R, python and Weka ML
July 2013 - January 2016
PhD student (Topic: Revealing and Analysing the Evolution of News Networks) & Research assistant at the Database Systems Research group, supervised by Prof. Dr. Michael Gertz. My work focuses on Natural Language Processing in general and Digital Humanities, Information Extraction and Social Network Analysis in particular.
October 2012 - July 2013
Research assistant (Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter) at the Computational Linguistics research group, supervised by Prof. Dr. Anette Frank. Lecturer of the compulsory lecture „Advanced, object-oriented programming with Java“.
February 2011 - September 2012
Student research assistant at the project Ritualdynamik, working on Coreference Resolution and Discourse Processing in a Digital Humanities context.
August 2010 - February 2011
NLP group – HITS gGmbH Heidelberg. Student research assistant, working on machine learning for summarization, supervised by Prof. Dr. Michael Strube and Darla Shockley.
March 2009 - June 2012
Programmer at the project Heidelberger Korpus.
Title of my MA thesis: A Joint Inference Architecture for Global Coreference Clustering with Anaphoricity.
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. Anette Frank
September 2009 - July 2013
October 2008 - July 2011